OUR TIME/WIGGLE & GROW: Your toddler and early preschooler are so curious! Always looking for whatever she can find, but in the next instant has to be right next to you. Oh the push and pull of being a toddler! In an Our Time or Wiggle & Grow class, we give your little one the space he needs, yet we also have the time to cuddle and be close so she feels the safety and security that she longs for. It’s enough to wear a parent out! Our classes will give you ideas and strategies to make your great parenting even better and the music that will be added to your home is great! We also see parents/caregivers making playdates, planning a lunch out and just hanging out after class to chat while the kids play.
- Age Range: 1.5 to 3 years
- The learning continues at home:
YOU are your child's most important
teacher and Kindermusik gives you
the materials to continue the
learning at home.
- Class Length: 45 minute class each week
- Class Size: Our classes are kept small
to optimize learning and development,
but large enough to encourage
socialization and emotional
Join us in a Kindermusik Our Time or Wiggle & Grow class this year and see how YOUR toddler/preschooler will develop into so much more than you ever dreamed possible! There is so much potential in your little one and a Kindermusik class can bring out the best in him. The class is also going to help you as a parent to learn and give you great tools to be the best mom or dad that you can be. We look forward to seeing you soon!
What a Parent and Child Will Experience in Class:
- Instrument exploration and ensemble skill development -- Children will explore the physical characteristics and sounds of age-appropriate instruments which will eventually lead them to discover their potential for beat, rhythm, melody, and ensemble playing.
- Vocal play -- Through vocal play, toddlers learn to form vowels and consonants, say words and phrases, and imitate rhythm and vocal inflection. In Kindermusik Our Time, vocal play is presented within the context of songs, chants, and activities done in class.
- Exploration Time -- Children will love discovering specially designed instruments, textures, sounds, and movements.
- Story time and early literacy -- Listening to stories enhances language and speech development and fosters awareness of sounds, teaches use of language, and sends the message that words and symbols have meaning. The same experiences that help toddlers learn to read a book also help them learn to read music.
- Movement Activities -- Each class provides various opportunities for movement such as synchronized movement, group dances and circle games, and even expressive movement.
- Together Time -- Kindermusik is the essence of quality time, allowing parents to make the most of the fleeting toddler years, giving them the time and the tools to make music and memories together in class and at home.
- Expert advice -- A Kindermusik educator explains how the musically based activities enhance a toddler’s complete development.