He’s moving ALL.THE.TIME!! Oh my! And the ideas! Have you ever heard such creativity? The 3 to 5 year old range is a wonderful age, isn’t it? Such stories she tells. So much imagination when he is playing with his trucks. Sometimes you aren’t sure where the truth ends and fantasy begins. Yes, that’s your preschooler. Kindermusik’s Imagine That! class is made just for your child and their expanding vision of the world. They use their imagination to be able to cope with the every day life and figure out just how to navigate it. We will let that imagination run and incorporate into each and every class. We just never know what twists and turns will come in an Imagine That! class.
- Age Range: 3 to 5 years
- The learning continues at home:
YOU are your child's most important
teacher and Kindermusik gives you
the materials to continue the
learning at home.
- Class Length: 45 minute class each week
- Class Size: Our classes are kept small
to optimize learning and development,
but large enough to encourage
socialization and emotional
- Parent Involvement: Last 10-15 minutes
While your son or daughter is in class, you can quietly read a book, catch up on Facebook, or chat with the other parents as you wait. We love seeing the friendships and connections that happen in the waiting area while we are with your child. At the end of each Imagine That! class, we have Family Sharing Time. You, and any tag-a-long siblings, come in to discover just what has been going on in class. (We know they won’t give you details otherwise!) Do a few activities with us, find out what the lesson focus has been that day and then possible go home with a small assignment! The students love to bring back something special to class every few weeks.
What a Parent and Child Will Experience in Class:
- Pretend Play -- Pretend play activities are integrated with music, vocal development, storytelling, listening, movement, and literacy aspects of each class. When based upon a child’s real life experiences, pretend play helps develop language, sensory, motor, and cognitive skills.
- Musical Variety and Singing -- Activities include a mixture of musical genres and styles and provide a setting for children to explore their many voices and to use a “singing voice.” Singing helps with memory and recall, physical development, creativity, and socialization.
- Storytelling and Literacy -- Each class is built on the development of a story, so you’ll hear preschoolers search for the word to say what they mean and try to keep up with their busy minds, emerging wants, needs, likes, and dislikes.
- Parent Involvement -- Preschoolers are learning to be self-sufficient in a group setting of peers, while many times still needing the emotional security provided by a parent. The preschooler experiences both in Imagine That! Caregivers participate in the last 10-15 minutes of class. Plus the At Home Materials ensures the learning continues at home with each child’s best teacherthe parent!